Bode Middle School
The building that is known today as Bode Middle School was built in 1927 was named Christian Brothers High School. The school operated as a parochial high school until it closed in 1970 when the Catholic Parochial Schools decided to become co-educational. With the middle school program expanding in the early 1970’s and the availability of this sound structure, the District purchased it. Renovation began and in the fall of 1972 Bode Middle School opened its doors. The school was named for a benefactor of the city, George
Bode. He left his entire fortune to the city to use. Bode serves the northeast section of the city and is one of two middle schools that feed Central High School. Bode is located at 720 North Noyes Boulevard.